The Rotary Club of Wilmington is not your father’s Rotary! With more than 200 members, our club is an inclusive, diverse, hands-on community service organization committed to making Wilmington a better place by:
Performing a wide variety of community service projects
Fostering informed conversation about the city,
Helping members develop leadership skills and relationships, and
Engaging public and private sector leaders to encourage collaboration.
While we still participate in some traditional Rotary projects, such as bell ringing for the Salvation Army and raising money for local scholarships, the Rotary Club of Wilmington is a place for members to share service opportunities that interest them and enlist fellow Rotarians.
This year our club has participated in:
Work with four Wilmington area early chidhood education centers to:
◦ Advocate for improved access to and quality of early childhood education for all children
◦ Read to children◦ Deliver shelf stable meals to children at our four partner early childhood education centers
◦ Distribute seeds, soil and pots to children (In partnership with Healthy Food for Healthy Kids)
◦ Pack and distributed Literacy Kits for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library project
◦ Provide grants to teachers for professional development via Delaware Association for Education of Young Children (DEAEYC)
Can Do Playground maintenance (with other Rotary Clubs)
Camp Fairlee collection of items for campers (with other Rotary Clubs)
Flags for Heroes Display where we planned and installed a 500 flags in honor of the military and essential workers
The Rotary Club of Wilmington’s first luncheon meeting was held on Thursday, December 10, 1914. We meet at noon each Thursday at the Hotel du Pont.